I am honored that my friend Heather at Simply Save would nominate me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you are looking for another great money-saving blog, this gal is the real deal. Her concept is “living the good life at a cheaper price,” which I love. I only know her through the blogging world, but I’m pretty sure if I knew her outside of wordpress, we’d be friends. Also, I strongly support her use of the Oxford comma 🙂
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the logo on your blog and follow the bloggers who nominated you.
Here are seven facts about myself…
- My full name is Mariam, but I have gone by Mary my entire life.
- I am married to… literally… the hottest guy on the face of the earth. I would share a photo, but I can’t for fear that all women would envy me 😉
- I have one son here with me and two babies in heaven.
- I accepted Jesus and was baptized on April 18, 2004. It has been just over 10 years since I made this decision, and since then my life has been absolutely transformed. If you ever want to know what I mean by that, don’t hesitate to ask!
- I started this blog because I wanted to share with others how we are paying down our (read: my) student debt by making radical lifestyle choices. I know it’s not for everyone, but my hope is for someone to find a few things that will encourage them along their journey as well.
- I have a photographic memory. Growing up and in college I never studied for tests. I just memorized what my notes looked like. Don’t tell my profs. I don’t want them to revoke my diplomas.
- Speaking of which, I have 2 degrees in music (a Bachelors in Church Music and a Masters in Vocal Performance). I always thought my life after my schooling would heavily involve music, but it turned out God had other plans for me. I am very thankful to get to stay home with our son, and even though I honestly never thought I would be a stay at home mom, it is clearly where I need to be right now.
Now for the fun part… My nominations (in alphabetical order):
Amber Under Construction is awesome. Her tagline is “More like Him and less like Me.” She shares her journey through this life with such authenticity and is definitely one inspiring lady.
Indebted Mom has a fantastic blog with a unique perspective on debt. We have very similar stories, which I think is cool. She has also been a great encouragement as I’ve continued my blogging journey, and you need to check her out.
The World of J Patrick Avery is my brother who is a fantastic writer. He shares excerpts from the novel he is currently writing, flash fiction, streams of consciousness, etc., as well as tons of information about writing and grammar.
The Zero Waste Chef is super cool. She strives to live a lifestyle of zero waste (thus, the title, I’m assuming), and has great ideas for utilizing every aspect of food, making things from scratch, and eliminating waste.
Well, that’s not 15 people, but I firmly stand behind these blogs and the causes and concepts they support. I hope you will check them out and enjoy them as much as I have 🙂